Tuesday, January 11, 2022 / by Victor Perez
Are you thinking about buying a home overseas in Florida with ocean access? For most people, this is the dream. You will have somewhere to spend your holidays while also making a bit of money in the process if you rent out the property while you aren’t there. However, buying a property overseas is a big commitment, and you need to make sure you take the time to carefully research the area and investment you are considering. Read on for some top tips.
- Choose an agent with local experience – It is important to find an agent that has experience in the area. Nowadays, there are many estate agents that offer their services all over the world. But, do you really want a jack-of-all-trades? It’s better to choose someone that is experienced in the real estate market you are considering. They will know all of the quirks of the market and be able to provide you with the best advice.
- Make sure you get the contracts translated professionally – It is important to use a professional translation service for the contracts. While you may be provided with two copies – one in the local language and one in English – how can you be sure that the translation is accurate? You could end up with a nightmare scenario on your hands if both contracts don’t match up, which is why it pays to get an expert on the case.
- Understand the full cost – A lot of people underestimate the costs associated with buying a property, irrespective of whether they are buying in their own country or abroad. To make sure this does not happen, you need to prepare by putting together a financial plan. This should include all of the costs that are entailed. Don’t leave anything out. From legal expenses to the cost of transporting furniture overseas, leave no stone unturned. Yes, this may result in a figure that is bigger than what you would like, but at least it will be accurate so you can plan better.
- Research, research, and research some more – There is no such thing as too much research when buying an overseas property. It is important to find out as mucas you can about the place. Visit as many times as possible, and spend time looking online. This involves reading official websites, as well as joining forums to see what other people have had to say who were once in your position.
- Think about the future – Last but not least, don’t only consider the destination now, but look into the future. The last thing you want to do is invest in an area whereby house prices are likely to crash. You need to conduct extensive research to make sure you are making a sound investment.
Hopefully, you now have a better understanding regarding the important points to consider before you purchase a holiday home. From putting together a financial plan to choosing an age